getting domesticated.

Aug 10, 2011

It's hard to believe that only 2 short months ago I was jetting across the world on a weekly basis. I hopped from continent to continent and despite the chaos, it was my life, as I knew it. Being on ground has been an interesting transition as I've adjusted to being in one country for a span of more than a week at a time. Even now, as Ryan and I are entering the 3rd week of our roadtrip, life seems calm in comparison to earlier this year. I'm planning my wedding, I'm discussing my future, and I'm getting domesticated... in more than one sense of the word. A few days ago I was offered employment at a Canadian-based airline. Just as I'm settling back into the normalcy of life on the ground, I'm returning to the skies to live my life as a flight attendant once again. Strange as it sounds, it's where I feel most at home. I can't wait to get back.
Before Dubai and the lucrative temptations of flying international, this airline was my dream job. After 18 months of living in the Middle East and enduring a long distance relationship, I rediscovered the dream. From the outside looking in, it might not sound all that glamourous to go from Paris and Sydney to flying mainly domestic routes, but it's all a matter of how you look at it. For me, it means seeing my family more than twice a year, planning a future with the man that I'm about to marry, living in my home country, and as an added bonus, I still get to fly. I really couldn't ask for much more.
Life is good and I'm doing what I can to prove that the sky is not the limit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you may want to put a facebook icon to your blog. Just bookmarked the url, however I must do this manually. Just my advice.

My site:
rachat de credits rachatdecredit.net

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Krysta that is great news, keep us updated! Good to see you so happy! xx Selina

sheisjetlagged said...

Yay!! Congrats Krysta! It's great that you'll be flying again, good luck with the new job :) xxx

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!