oh, it's already february

Feb 13, 2012


I'm officially sick of being on the ground. Okay, fine, I was sick of it a month ago... now I'm just reaching the point of serious withdrawal. I stare longingly at the sky as Boeing's soar overhead. I should be on those planes, but instead I'm here. On the ground.
After an unanticipated lack of income, I began searching for a second job. I'm now employed at a local cafe. It's a cool place designed for parents with young kids to enjoy a cup of coffee with friends while the kids drive toy cars around the track and climb through princess castles. I enjoy making fancy lattes, but I can't shake the feeling that I should be above this type of job. I mean that in the most literal sense, not to indicate that I'm any better of a person than a coffee shop employee. I'm better suited to 40,000 feet.
Aside from that, life is great. It's only 59 days until my wedding, and I'm so, so very excited. I can't wait to be on the beach with my best friends and family. I've been getting a lot of negative reactions from people who are against traveling to Mexico, but that's not making my excitement dwindle at all. I've been to some pretty scary places in this world, but never have I feared for my life in the Mayan Riveria. The media exaggerates everything.
In terms of wedding preparation, Ryan and I have been to the gym nearly every night this year. He's lost weight, and I feel strong.... for me, at least. Maybe when I eventually go back to work I'll actually be able to close the main cabin door with ease. Maybe.
In keeping with our aviation obsession, Ryan and I went a little bit overboard yesterday. While shopping at one of our favourite stores, I lit up upon discovery of the flight attendant "Career Barbie" that I've searched for... for a long time. Yeah, I'm 25 and I buy Barbie. I didn't think that I could get more excited until we turned the corner and found paradise. Airplane pillows and bedding galore. With each item I'd pick up, we'd find another equally awesome one. We threw everything into our cart and tried to convince ourselves to put it back on the shelves. It was no use. We left with everything. Our airplane themed guest bedroom is finally coming together. And no, we don't have some secret child that we bought all of this for.... but when and if we do ever have a little boy, he'll have absolutely no say in his bedroom decor. Ryan was just as thrilled about the end result as I was. You see why I'm marrying him?!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!