it's the most wonderful time of the year!

Jul 20, 2012

Summer loving, had me a blast...
No, really. I love everything about this season.  Iced coffee (can you tell that this is an early morning post?), warm nights, and being free from the claustrophobia of 500 layers of clothing.  I can't stand being bundled up.  Throwing on a dress and heading out the door? Perfection.   I love that this summer, I'm in Canada.  Summer's in Dubai are unbearably hot, and with Ramadan having just begun I'm even more thankful to be home.  I understand how important the holiday is to those that celebrate, but for the rest of us, going a month without eating or even drinking water in public is not a whole lot of fun.  I recall standing outside in the 500 degree heat (okay, I exaggerate... but not by much) waiting for the sun to set. Sunset meant breaking the fast, and although I could eat all day long in the comfort of my home, I was typically out and about... because let's face it, I couldn't (and still can't) cook my own meals.  My time in Dubai has made me appreciate going for ice cream in the middle of summer and eating wherever I choose to do so. It's also given me a great deal of respect for the Muslim people in Canada who are fasting despite everyone around them eating.  I applaud the willpower that must involve. 
Carrying on with my list of summer loves... Camping. Perhaps the number one spot on my list of favourite things. I love going to the mountains and having no phone service, thus being forced to interact with my husband the entire time. I love the smell of fresh air, the crisp coolness, cooking over a campfire, and feasting on smores. I love the thrill that comes with the fact we share the area with big scary bears.  I especially love that I am going camping... today! And on that note, it's time to actually get off my bum, stop procrastinating via this blog, and get packing! 
Happy weekend my wonderful followers!  


2 comments:

Jill said...

Enjoy camping and have a smore for me!!!

Anonymous said...

enjoy! Are you still not able to fly, whats up with that?!

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!