a week in ontario

Nov 24, 2013

Bliss is watching your husband and daughter cuddle, fast asleep on the couch. I finally have time to blog now that daddy is home! After the longest time apart thus far, our little family is reunited with the exception of our puppy, who is still at Grandma and Grandpa's house for one more night.  
Ryan returned this morning from Oklahoma, where he had been away working for nearly 2 weeks. 2 weeks is a long, long time when your baby is only 10 weeks old.  Fortunately, time went by faster than it usually does, as Aaralee, my mom, and myself jetted off to Ontario for a week to visit some of our family out east.  


We spent most of our time visiting and everyone had ample time to cuddle the newest family member.  Aaralee even met her great-great grandma, and we enjoyed some quality time with 5 generations. Not many people are fortunate enough to have such an opportunity. 


We took a day trip, starting with a stop in Niagara Falls.  Between the wind and the mist, it was a cool day, but it was essential that we stopped for photos seeing as how it was Aaralee's first time at the falls!



We stopped briefly and then carried on with our day. With passports in hand, we headed for the US border!  


We spent the day shopping before indulging in dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  Aaralee was completely oblivious, but it was her very first time leaving the country! 


The rest of the week was spent touring the glamourous city of Hamilton with my mommy and my sweet happy girl. 


It was a great week with weather far better than the massive snowstorm back home, but we are happy to be back in our own home, and especially to have Ryan with us!  





2 comments:

ADP said...

Krysta-

I stumbled upon your blog a week or two ago and I read all the way from the beginning until now. I am a future flight attendant (currently waiting to hear when my training date will be) and reading about your travels has been so entertaining and helpful. I have truly enjoyed reading your incredible work stories, drooled over the amazing cuisine you have tasted, and seeing you and your little family grow! You have given so much invaluable advice to me, so I just wanted to thank you! I'm so glad you are still writing. This blog has done nothing to slow down my excitement and pure giddiness over joining such a fantastic career. Happy Holidays! See you in the friendly skies!

Krysta said...

Wow, I can't imagine how long it would have took to read the entire blog, but thank you!! :) Congratulations on your new career, you'll love it! It has it's ups and downs (literally!) like any job, but I can't imagine doing anything else.

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!