Briley's Mountain Room!

Jul 8, 2015

My recent post about our camping trip reminded me of the fact that I've yet to share pictures of Briley's nursery!
Aside from the obvious tiny human to love and cuddle, one of my favourite things about welcoming a new baby into the world is being able to decorate a nursery.   Aaralee's nursery was my dream baby room come true, and I still love it to this day.  When we found out that we were expecting our second child, I was quick to evict Ryan from his office. He was forced to relocate to the basement so that we could begin creating another special room for our second baby.  
Aaralee's room was inspired by our love of travel.  Globes, airplanes, and a giant world map set the decor.  We love to explore the world, but we also love home... thus the inspiration for Briley's room.  When we aren't jetting across the world, we are driving to the mountains for camping, gorgeous scenery, and fresh air!  It was decided that the room would therefore become a mountain/woodland themed nursery. 
We waited until we found out that she was a girl before we got serious about decorating, and then the room came to life.  Everyone assumed that we were having a boy given the theme of the room, but I was sure to incorporate a good dose of pink and girly touches!  With a little bit of creativity, craftiness, patience, and Ryan's cooperation, we ended up with a perfect room for our newest family member! I hope that she inherits our love of the mountains and the great outdoors!  






I think it's safe to say that Briley likes her room... although she won't actually spend the night in it for a little while yet!


Crib Bedding/Pillowcase/Dreamcatcher/Felt Fire: Etsy
Bookshelves/Bench/Rocking Moose: Ikea 
Wooden "B"/Nightstand: Homesense
Fox Quilt:  Gifted from a lovely friend... go buy things from her Etsy shop
Wall Triangles: Urban Walls
Tree: Painted by Ryan
Name/String Art Moose/Mobile: DIY









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!