summer time for parents.

Aug 2, 2016

Hey August, where did you come from? How did you sneak up on me so fast?  Didn't summer just begin? August is like a month-long Sunday. It's bittersweet. Sure, it's still the weekend (summer) but it's already half over and before you know it, Monday (autumn) will arrive and we'll be right back to the beginning of another long week (winter).  
This summer has been a bit of a blur, as most of life is now that I've entered the realms of life with 2 toddlers.  I don't know what we've done, but we've kept busy. We are always busy, and if there is a moment of calm, Briley is quick to ensure that it is short-lived. 


We've splashed at spray parks and in our backyard, attended birthday parties and went on many, many long walks. 



We've gone camping, shopping, and on lunch dates and we've even reunited with some friends from other provinces.  

 I've even managed to sneak in a bit of "me" time! I went on my first kid-free movie date with friends since... ever. I also took a macaron baking class and spent July baking tasty French macarons and then making daily trips to the gym in attempt to cancel out the vast quantity that I'd indulged in.  




Before I knew it, it was August long weekend! Ryan spent May and July long weekend working away, so I was excited for the adventures that we'd finally be able to have.  The thing is, we are a spontaneous family and lately it seems to work against us. Our failure to plan ahead meant that all of the campsites and hotels were already booked up by the time that we considered leaving town.  The weather forecast wasn't all that promising anyways, so our fun weekend away turned into a rainy weekend at home, potty training our daughter. 

After several failed attempts at over the past year, I knew that the time was right.  Aaralee is stubborn and set in her ways, so I knew that we were in for a challenge.   She actually did quite well, minus pooping everywhere besides the toilet. Somewhere between wrangling a screaming, naked one year old into her diaper and washing poop off of my kitchen floor, I stopped to wonder when my life had suddenly become so glamourous.  Long weekends at 30 are sure a change from the ones at 20!  On Sunday I splashed a little bit of Bailey's in my latte, because I might be older now, but I still like to live on the edge.  


With half of summer behind us, I am feeling extra motivated to get out and make the most of the weeks that remain.  We will be spending as much time as we possibly can outdoors... I'm hoping that will include some road trips and camping adventures.
With that being said, it's time to go splash in the kiddie pool with my little water lovers! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!