I Scream, You Scream, All of the Kids Scream at Aaralee's Birthday!

Sep 11, 2016

As soon as Briley's first birthday party was over, it was time to start planning for Aaralee's September birthday. Yes, I am that mom. I've said it before, but I feel the need to reiterate it and justify it each time, so I'll just admit to it. I am the Pinterest inspired, over the top, no detail overlooked party planning mom.  I love my daughters, I love birthdays (or any special occasion, if we're being honest...) and I really, really love planning parties.  If my girls ever ask for a low-key party at a Chuck-E-Cheese, I'll happily honour that request, but until that day comes I will continue to decorate, bake, and go DIY crazy for these parties. 
When it comes to deciding the theme for Aaralee's birthdays, I try to think of her favourite things in life and plan around it. It didn't take long at all to settle on an ice cream theme for my tiny little sugar junkie.  I was so excited about this party, because ice cream happens to be high on my list of favourite things as well. Like Mother, like daughter.  


This was probably one of my favourite parties yet.  There were sweet treats everywhere. Giant tissue paper ice cream cones were strung from the ceiling, the kids dove into a sundae bar, and Aaralee was in her glory indulging in ice cream, Grandma's cookies, mama's macarons, and cake. 






Speaking of cake... I managed to pull this one off with no major catastrophes. Okay... I may have dropped the first one into the oven and had to bake another... but given my history of cake baking, I'm still calling it a win. Aaralee was so excited about her giant melted ice cream cone!  


After a few tries, Aaralee successfully blew out all of her candles! We may or may not have been practicing over the past week so to avoid her spitting all over the cake.



It was a 3 layer cake, because it obviously needed to be neopolitan coloured on the inside.  


Even little sister Briley got in on the sugar high, scoring her first ever ice cream cone! 


Aaralee was spoiled with so many great gifts... including her brand new kitchen! With my crazy ideas and Ryan's help, we bought a plain old toy IKEA kitchen and transformed it into her special, pretty blue kitchen, complete with (fake) granite and a tile backsplash. She was pretty excited, and I can't wait to watch my girls cook fancy meals out of plastic food together.  


At the end of the day, we were all tired, the house was a mess, and the kids were having epic tantrums as they came off of their sugar highs.  All signs of a successful birthday party! The guests went home (with ice cream bubbles, of course) and we spent the rest of the evening playing with our birthday girl before tucking her into bed with her brand new dolls. It was another great party for an greater little girl. She is so lucky to be loved by so many people! Thank you so much to everyone who came and made her birthday such a special day! 



SaveSave

3 comments:

Lynda Stewart said...

Love your comments on a special little girl's special day. Happy Birthday Aaralee!

Lynda Stewart said...

Love your comments on a special little girl's special day. Happy Birthday Aaralee!

Lynda Stewart said...

Love your comments and photos of a special little girl's special day. You are very creative! Happy Birthday Aaralee!

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!