A Day in Our Life.

Apr 14, 2018

"The days are long, but the years are short." 

This quote often circulates on social media and seems to resonate with parents. The days ARE long.  I am a stay at home mom.  I spend almost every waking hour catering to my children's needs.  Most days, I love it, and other days I struggle to maintain my sanity.  Regardless of the outcome, when Briley climbs into my bed at 6:30 am, I know that I'm always in for another long day.  
And then suddenly, a photo pops up from a year ago, or even a few months ago, and I wonder where the time has gone. How do these long days accumulate and turn into months and years so quickly?
Our long days together are everything. They are their childhood, the memories that they'll carry into adulthood. 
I've always wanted to spend an entire day with my camera, capturing the simple moments that make up our days. The breakfasts, the routine, the chaos.  Our life, in this chapter, and a day in it. 
Today, I finally carried out this plan.   I missed some moments, like dinner, bath time, temper tantrums,  and car rides. I'm also not in any of the photos, which isn't an accurate representation of our days.  The photos aren't perfect and beautiful. 
I still love having these moments to look back on.  
These long, stressful days are filled with love, laughter, and the magic childhood.

This is a Saturday in the life of our family.  My favourite kind of day.  



























0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!