useless knowledge

Aug 25, 2010

First off, I'd like to apologize for the lack of blogs lately. It's been awhile since I've had anything interesting enough to write about! I'm still on ground, suffering extreme sky withdrawal. Time seems to go faster from 39,000 feet and the last couple of weeks have felt more like a month.
I've noticed that I've recently surpassed 50 blog followers, on top of the many from back home that I know read updates even if they aren't on the list of followers. As somebody who never imagined that my life would be interesting enough for people to want to read about, I'm honoured. Thank you, each and every one of you... and for the newbies, welcome! Make yourself at home. I promise to get back to interesting layover stories as soon as I make my next escape from the sandpit.
Until then... I figured I'd tell you all a few things about myself. Sure, you can read in the little blurb on the side, but I'll tell you a little more. Perhaps that sounds conceited but really I'm just bored and trying to find a way to pass the time. I miss writing blogs!

So in case you were ever wondering..

1. Basic stuff... I'm Krysta. As much as I hate admitting to it because apparently all woman are in denial of their age, I'm 24. I'm originally from Red Deer, Canada. You won't find it on most world maps. I currently reside in Dubai, which couldn't be much more different than home.
Oh, and this is me...
2. Career of choice... Once upon a time, I was afraid of flying. I was nervous every time that I boarded an aircraft. One day the fear miraculously disappeared and oddly enough, I wanted nothing more than to become a flight attendant. I spent about 4 years desperately trying to reach my goal until finally one day I got the call offering me my dream job. So here I am, working for a big international airline. Is it all it's cracked up to be?? Well, yeah! As hard as living so far from home is, I absolutely love my job.
Check out the view from my office...
3. The love life... I'm happy to say that I'm dating the guy of my dreams. You may know him as Ryan. I never imagined myself being this in love. We are one of those mushy-gushy overly romantic cute couples that people love to hate. I used to be repulsed by couples like us. We are approximately 11,000 kilometers apart, but we manage quite well and the reunions are nothing short of amazing.
This is us last month....
4. The family... I'm the oldest of 3 and an awesome big sister to 2 little brothers. I suppose they aren't little anymore. Dayton is 17 and my little baby brother Kaynyn is only a few months away from being 16, which is very hard for me to accept. They will always be babies to me. My mom is crazy and has the same lame sense of humor as I do. Tell us a joke that any 10 year old would find too childish, and we'll fall to the ground laughing. I have not 1, not 2, but 3 sets of awesome grandparents and many, many awesome little cousins. I have a fluff ball cat named Becker, who drove my mom crazy coughing up hairballs and now has to endure "lion" hair cuts. Last but not least is my baby... Titan. No, I'm not a parent, but I love my little dog more than any other little dog in the whole wide world. He can always cheer me up....
5. My travels... People used to ask me what my hobbies were, and I'd reply "travel". They'd argue that everyone loves travel and that it doesn't count as a hobby, but I beg to differ. When I'm not traveling, I'm making travel plans. What did I study in college?? You guessed it... travel. When I am traveling, I'm considering where to go next. With the help of my job I've visited 30 countries, and I don't plan on stopping any time soon. I spent a year backpacking Australia (and a little bit of Southeast Asia) all by myself, only to come home with an even greater desire to see the world. Fortunately, Ryan shares this passion and I have no doubt that our future has many passport stamps in store for us.
6. Other hobbies... Aside from blogging... I've always loved taking photos, but I never really took it seriously until I started dating Ryan. Okay, I still don't take it seriously, but I try a lot harder these days. He's a photographer and his beautiful photos inspire me to take my own beautiful photos. I never leave home without a camera, and I haul my Nikon D60 around the world despite it taking up half of the space in my little cabin bag. I also love music and singing, but once again, it's not something that I'm serious about. I absolutely love karaoke and whenever I'm back in Red Deer you'll find me up on stage every Monday night. And to think, I used to be too shy to raise my hand in class.

Well, I think that's quite enough talking about myself for the time being. I'm sure it's nothing that you don't already know!
So my beloved blog followers, I've filled you in on my life, now tell me a little about YOU? I'm curious! Where are you from, what do you do, and how did you stumble across my blog?
Thanks for visiting, come back soon! :)




Until then... check out some other awesome blogs from a couple of lovely ladies that I follow on Blogspot and Twitter! They are just a few of the many blogs that entertain me on a regular basis.

In Case of Emergency by Amelia: For those of you who are most interested in knowing about the actual job... read this blog! I've been following for quite some time and she's offered me countless amounts of inspiration, from even before I ever could call myself crew!

Your not-so average ray of sunshine by Ashley: Not only is she a talented writer, but her blogs are interesting and give me a dose of "real world" when I'm feeling a little run down by the flight attendant life. Not to mention, she's from my corner of the world!

6 comments:

Tleppihs Nayr said...

Tell me something I don't know <3

bec said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GigiRouge said...

Well, since you asked, Im Giovanna and im a flight attendant wannabe. Im still 17 so i have to wait a couple more years, so until then im living my 'dream life' through your blogs and a couple others lol. I actually found your blog through In Case Of An Emergancy. =)
PS: i adore your blogs!

Clint said...

Your fascinating on many levels.

But the following of people wouldn't be possible without your posting your life to Flickr // Facebook // Twitter // Blogger. Keep up the good work!

Momma said...

For the record...your mom isn't crazy...lol

Sense of humour though...YOU BET !!!

Aviation Crazy said...

Kryst love your blog. Happened to stumble upon it from Traytable's blogspot! You have one thing in addition to the aviation, photography that others have on their blogs; you have Timmy's LOL. Being a Tim Horton's junkie myself I can totally relate to you. Keep your blogs coming! And hang in there, like you said there are others who would die to be doing what you do!!

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!