october!

Oct 1, 2012

October is here! Is it just me, or has this year gone by incredibly fast? Do they all go by this fast? Am I really getting that old?  It's hard to believe that we are already well into autumn. It seems like not so long ago I was counting down the days until our Mexican wedding, looking forward to escaping the snow. As of this month, we will have been married for half a year... 6 months, already! I still love him just as much as I did that day on the beach, which I suppose is a good thing given that we're in this for the long haul.  


With October, comes another busy month of flying. I've got some fun overnights that I'm really looking forward to, as well as some long single day pairings... including one particularly disgusting 2:45 am check in. How do you wake up at 1 am feeling well rested? That, my friends, is a question I've yet to have an answer to... even after 3 years in this career. 
As some of you may have come to know in the years of following this blog of mine... I like stupid challenges that tend to frustrate me yet I still embark on. Challenges like taking a photo every single day, eating strictly paleo, or giving up chocolate for Lent. 
Thanks to an agreement with one of my husband's Facebook friends that I've never even met, this month is Junk-Food Free October. With the exception of Thanksgiving, there will be no chips, chocolate (a small dark chocolate square is okay when I'm in desperate need of a fix), soft drinks, alcohol, desserts, or fast food until November. It's a good time to do it... because presented with the same challenge in the Christmas food filled months of November and December, I'd simply give up on day one.  Oh, and coffee... coffee is allowed. Because let's be honest... I'm a flight attendant. This should always, always be an exception.  I do eat pretty healthy on a regular basis as it is, but I like a challenge. There is no better way to support my husband's weight loss goals than to give up the foods that we love together.  I'm all optimistic and determined today, but I guarantee you that by day 3 I'll by whining about missing cake and chicken wings.  The real challenge is saying no when you are in a metal tube in the sky, bored on a long flight with tempting food all around. I love food.
Anyways, since this is proving to be one of the most pointless posts in awhile, I'm off to take my puppy for a run.... which will turn into a walk once I get 30 seconds in and realize that I hate running. 
Happy October, my lovely, lovely followers! 

1 comments:

Christi said...

I see you are coming to wonderful Montreal! Hope you enjoy it! There's always plenty to do and see here!

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!