a room fit for a little jet setter!

Sep 15, 2013

After weeks of this room being locked and off limits to all those that entered our home, I'm so excited to finally show off my favourite room of the house!  I'm a sucker for cutesy baby things and home decor, so I'll be the first to admit that I'd imagined this nursery since long before we found out that we were expecting.  Of course, for some reason I'd always assumed my first child would be a boy. That's not to say that I had a preference of gender... I just never took into consideration the fact that I'd actually have a daughter.  I grew up with younger brothers... little boys were all that I knew.  Everyone else felt the same way, assuming all along that we'd welcome a son.  
Imagine my surprise (and excitement) when we found out that "he" would in fact be a "she".  Oh the possibilities! The future would involve tutus and hair bows and most importantly... pink! Now back to the nursery... the painted blue and destined to be full of airplanes nursery.  While there was no doubt that I wanted to keep with the same travel and aviation theme, it needed a bit of femininity.  With a touch of pink and inspiration from Dr. Suess's "Oh the Places You'll Go", I set about creating a travel themed room fit for any little jet setter. Of course we left a few aviation details as well, because who says girls can't love airplanes? I know for a fact that I sure do!  






I can't take all of the credit, because Ryan helped to hang everything on the walls and offered his opinions as well.  I may have built the crib on my own, but the nursery would not have come together without the help of my husband. This is my favourite room of the house, and I think that Aaralee loves it too! 



2 comments:

Amy Gary said...

I feel very happy looking at these photos. Nicely done!

danhall1984 said...

Looks awesome guys! A perfect room for her!

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!