thank you, thank you.

Oct 12, 2013

It's that time of year again... the time for turkey, pumpkin pie, and most importantly, giving thanks.  In a year filled with so many amazing happenings, where does one begin?  I'm at a very wonderful place in my life, and I can honestly say that I've never been happier. Ever.  
So without further ado, here is my list of thankfulness, 2013 edition.  

1.  My husband.  


Being pregnant didn't make me the most pleasant person to live with, but Ryan put up with me and loved me just as much as always.  When Aaralee was born he sprung into action and did more than his fair share of housework and took care of the baby and I while I was stuck on the couch recovering from a c-section.  He's amazing as a husband, amazing as a dad, and I don't know how I'm lucky enough to deserve him!  

2. My baby.  


I'm still trying to process the fact that Ryan and I created something so beautiful and so perfect.  Every day I love this tiny little person even more. I can't wait to watch her grow up and see who she becomes.    I'm the luckiest mommy in the world.  

3. My puppy.


I was a bit of an emotional roller coaster this year, but my furry baby Niko cuddled and loved me through it all. He kept me company on the many occasions in which Ryan was working out of town.  He was also great practice for the human baby that would join us later on in the year!    

4. My friends and family. 


I could write personal shout outs to so many individuals, but with a newborn I'm a bit limited in spare time. I'm thankful for all of my friends and family members who have been so supportive and awesome... especially since Aaralee has come along.  Thank you for the food, the gifts, and the adult interaction!  

5. My pregnancy.  


I was grumpy, I dealt with morning sickness, and I went 2 weeks overdue. Despite all of this, I still had a relatively easy pregnancy that was free from complications. Really, what more could I ask for?  Everything was textbook normal and it resulted in my sweet baby girl.  So many people dream of being pregnant and I was fortunate enough to experience it. 

6. My travels.  


On top of my frequent layovers for work, I was fortunate enough to travel to Japan and Seattle with my husband, Hawaii with my mom, and Vancouver Island with my whole family... all while pregnant. Call them "babymoon" trips if you will... I wanted to take advantage of my last months without children and I couldn't settle for just one destination.  Travel is so important to me, and I can't wait to show Aaralee the world!

7. My job.


For the past 4 years my office has been 40,000 feet in the air.  I've seen the world, lived my dream, and got paid to do it.  With Aaralee in my life my career future is uncertain, but I'm so fortunate to have had such incredible opportunities. I've worked on 6 different aircrafts, visited 36 different countries, and even if I never work as a flight attendant again I'll still have accomplished more than I ever thought possible.  My new role in life is that of a mother, but I'm satisfied knowing that I fulfilled my personal goals. I've had my selfish years, and now I can focus on helping this little girl become whatever she wants to be in life!  


I could certainly continue this list, but it would be incredibly long and impossible to complete with a hungry newborn. I'm so fortunate for everything in my life, and still pinching myself to make sure that it's reality.  Now it's time to spend the weekend with the people that I love and gain back any baby weight that I've lost in the form of turkey and pumpkin pie. Happy Thanksgiving, Canada! 
   






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!