lonely days and vacation countdowns.

Nov 19, 2014

Today is November 19.  That means that we are closer to the beginning of December than to the beginning of November... and that is crazy... and exciting.  December means Christmas, baking, family, and if I'm lucky, actually getting to spend some time with the man that I'm married to.  
In the past month, my poor husband has had 2 days off... yes, 2 measly little days to spend with his family.  He's spent the majority of his time working out of town, leaving our little house feeling a bit empty.  I've said it before and I'll say it again... I have so much respect for single parents.  Taking care of my little monster solo is a lot of hard work.   It has always been tiring, but now that she's a toddler with tantrums and naps that are few and far between, I yearn for Ryan to come home at the end of the day and take over bath and bed time duty.  My house in in such a state of disarray that I'd rather endure being lonesome than invite friends over to see the chaos. How can one little person make so much mess?  Why does she have an obsession with emptying bins and cupboards instead of putting things back in them?  How come she doesn't understand that food has to cool off before I feed it to her instead of screaming like a crazy person as she clings to her high chair?  Why do all of her molars have to come in at the same time? Why must we read the same book 27 times a day instead of adding some variety?  Because she's one, that's why.  I love every stubborn little personality trait that she possesses, despite the occasional inconvenience.  I'm exhausted and slightly deprived of sanity but there is no way I'd rather spend my days. I love my little person, but it's safe to say that I could use a vacation. We could all use a vacation.  And so, a vacation we shall have.  
Not that I'm counting down or anything, but in only 4 sleeps we'll be jetting off to our most favourite place... Playa del Carmen, Mexico.  We are going back to the same resort that we got married at for some family time in the sunshine. 
Ryan needs this vacation. He needs to relax, forget about work, and enjoy our amazing, goofy daughter.  He needs a cerveza in his hand and no emails or alarm clocks in his vicinity.
I need this vacation. I need to breathe in the ocean air, spend time with my family, binge eat at a buffet, and enjoy a few free moments while Ryan chases after Aaralee.  
Her life is as stress free as they come, but I like to think that even Aaralee needs this vacation. She needs to run barefoot and splash in the water, play outside without a snowsuit that is too puffy for her to walk in, and most importantly... spend 9 full days with both of her parents.  
I couldn't be much more excited.  Starting making those pina coladas, Mexico! We will be there soon!  
Aaralee can't wait.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!