I Don't Miss School.

Aug 13, 2009

After months of working in an insurance office doing absolutely nothing aside from answering and directing phone calls, I'm finally set to take the exam required to obtain my license next week. The only issue? I'm going to fail. Okay, I know what you are thinking.... "with an attitude like that, yes!". But I'm just being realistic. I haven't studied. I can't study. I don't know what it is. I'm convinced that I've got undiagnosed attention deficit disorder. I open the book, read a page, and get distracted by far more interesting things to do. I'm going to make an honest effort to learn everything I need to know by next Wednesday, but at the same time, this weekend I move into a new house and the distraction of unpacking will be hard to fight. Perhaps if it was more like school... a classroom setting, or even an online course. But no, I have a huge book that I'm expected to memorize and hope for the best. A book about insurance. I can't read that stuff, I need interesting stories, real literature. Oh goodness, I'm going to fail.

3 comments:

Clint said...

An insurance license? What does that do?

I have no idea how many times I was read instructions in a classroom, and when it came time to do the activity, I had no idea what was going on. Maybe not lack of attention, more of over curiosity. Always daydreaming, thinking about what else was going on.

Are you moving out to go to school, or just plain moving out?

Krysta said...

Basically to work in the industry you need a license... to access client files or do anything at all. I'm the same way, constantly daydreaming, blogging, Flickring.

I'm just plain moving out. :)

Clint said...

I need a block on Twitter, Flickr, and Facebook for about 2 hours. Look, I'm doing it right now!

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!