When I Was Your Age...

Aug 6, 2009

What is it with old people jumping to the assumption that people they've just met are interested in their entire medical history? I'm sympathetic to the fact that many seniors endure a lot of pain in simple daily tasks, but honestly, HONESTLY... and I mean this in the nicest way possible... I do not need or want to know about your hernia operation, poor eyesight, chronic back pain, or high blood pressure. Working in this office we have a fair amount of aging clients come in on a daily basis, usually complaining about their insurance rates. I've heard vivid, often disturbing stories from old men and women about strokes, diabetes, heart problems, numerous hospital visits and how they are going to die soon. Now how am I supposed to respond to that? "Oh, man that sucks!" Call me incompassionate, but I just don't think it's necessary to enlighten me on your life on constant suffering. Tell me I'm young, tell me that I'll live a great life and die happy. I wish for all seniors that old age didn't involve pain and suffering, but I can't change that, and it makes for awkward, uncomfortable conversation. Stop making me depressed already!

3 comments:

Clint said...

Hey, you inspired me to blog finally. Great writing, keep it up.

And your not going to die soon.

Krysta said...

Thanks Clint...Oh good!! Where is your blog? It gets addicting.

Clint said...

http://cngodles.xanga.com . You need to learn how to be a better creeper.

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!