Evacuate! Evacuate!

Jan 7, 2010

My awesome Ab-Initio Group!!
After what seemed like a never ending amount of emergency training, I can celebrate tonight, as I'm finally finished!! What a relief. For the past 2 weeks, our days have consisted of 6:30 am bus pickups, and theory classes followed by practical application in the simulators. I learnt what to do in the event of a fire, emergency landing, severe turbulence, decompression, and the list goes on. I quickly realized how much responsibility is placed on the shoulders of cabin crew. It's scary, but at the same time it makes me quite proud to know that my job is important, and that in the event of an emergency, other people's lives could potentially depend on my knowledge and
actions. After a long day of training, I'd arrive home at around 4:30 pm, ready to head straight to bed. Generally we'd have about an hour of homework in the evening followed by studying for the exams that we had nearly every day. Today was the last exam, and I'm happy to say that I passed and my SEP Training is complete until next year, when I'll have to head back to the college for a refresher course. I rejoiced outside of the classroom with my batch-mates, thrilled to have completed the toughest part of training. 3 more weeks and I'll be finished everything!! Time is going by quite fast and I can't wait to start flying.
Another exciting moment came today when I got to practice doing manual safety demos. On Emirates flights, a video is usually shown highlighting the safety features of the aircraft (how flight attendantish did that sound??), but occasionally the technology malfunctions and we must resort to the good old fashioned pointing at emergency exits and showing passengers how to fasten their seatbelts. I enthusiastically carried out the demonstration, and then our trainer got me to do the PA as the rest of the group had a turn.
Once we were finished for the day, we headed downstairs where we got our very own heavy duty plastic suitcases, filled to the top with all sorts of fun things... OUR UNIFORMS! Naturally, I tried mine on the moment I got home, giddy as I once again realized that I am actually less than a month away from being a flight attendant. Oh the excitement.
Tonight the rest of the group is going out to celebrate, and although I'm feeling lazy and reluctant
to join them, I probably will go just because EVERYBODY is going to be there and I don't want to be the social outcast of the group quite yet.
SEP is done, it's the weekend, and Ryan will be here a week from today. Ahh, life is good.

4 comments:

Jill said...

YAY For passing your exams!!!! I cant believe your going to flying soon!! Cant wait to hear all about that as well. Hope everything else is going good!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats lady!!! But where is the picture of you in your uniform?!?!? I thought that would be the first thing in this blog! lol.

Krysta said...

No, no uniform pictures yet.... haha... not until I've got the full makeup and hair and everything to give you the full effect!

AshleyTenille said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so proud of you! <3 And we're all waiting for these uniform pics!

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!