How to Save a Life.

Jan 12, 2010

A month ago today, I sobbed and said goodbye to my boyfriend and mom before going through airport security.
4 weeks later, I've settled into Dubai and I'm into my 3rd week of training... Group Medical Training, better known as GMT, since everything in this industry is abbreviated. After 3 days, I've learnt how to do CPR, inject an Epi-Pen, what to do in the event of a heart attack or broken bone. I've even been taught how to deliver a baby. (After watching a far too graphic video, I've decided that when it comes to having children, adoption sounds great.) The content is quite dull, and discussing blood and injections and gaping wounds makes me a bit queasy. I really don't know how all of you nursing students can handle it.
Only 2 more long days and it will be Thursday... the end of GMT and the arrival of Ryan! As you can imagine, I am very excited to see him and be a tourist with him. It will be nice to just be together, and explore the city with our cameras. I haven't had much a chance to take photos since I've been here. Photos and blogs will most definitely come, but not until after he goes back to Canada. I want to take advantage of all of the time we have together while he is here. When he leaves I'll be an emotional mess for a few days and all of you lucky folks will get to read about it.

OH... I almost forgot to mention... a very awesome fellow cabin crew member living here in Dubai informed me of a way to access Flickr!! I'm back online! Thank you soooo much!

1 comments:

whiteshellii said...

Good day Krystal............just enjoyed your blog!!!! Looks great and I am sure to become a follower. Have a great day....Auntie Lue

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!