So Happy Together

Jan 21, 2010


I haven't had much chance to blog lately, as I've been quite preoccupied with classes and showing a special visitor around my lovely Dubai home. Ryan arrived last Thursday night and it took a lot of restraint not to run up and kiss him when I saw him in the airport. I live in a Muslim country, so doing so could land me in prison. We were overwhelmed with excitement as we hailed a taxi and checked into our hotel. I'd been awake since 4:30 that morning, and he'd just got off of a 12 hour flight, so it was an early night for us. We woke up the next day and headed to the Dubai Mall... the biggest in the world, and the best viewing point for the Burj Khalifa (which, if you don't already know, is the new name for the Burj Dubai). He has now been here for a week and we've had a lot of fun. Despite having class each day, we've still managed to cram a lot of activites in... shopping at the world's largest malls, sunset on the beach overlooking the Burj Al Arab, a dinner cruise on a dhow boat.... and of course... heading to the top of the Burj. So amazing.
As for college, I've finished security and attended "Nujoum" which is a day dedicated to cabin crew, although I can't say much more about it than that, as they try to keep it top secret for future Ab-Initios.
There is so much more to tell, but I'm sure you can all appreciate the fact that I'd rather spend the next few days just taking in as much "Ryan time" as I can before he heads home on Monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!