Brain Full of Boeing... and LOVE!

Jan 4, 2010

Week 2 of SEP (Safety and Emergency Training, for those of you who are not fellow cabin crew members) and I'm exhausted. It's been 3 1/2 years since college, and getting back into the life of studying and constant exams has not been easy. In fact, as I type this blog, I'm procrastinating studying for the exam that I have to write tomorrow morning. I'm cramming my brain with emergency equipment locations, areas of responsibility, and aircraft systems of the Boeing 777... fun!! (Sarcasm, pure sarcasm.)
It's really not as bad as I make it sound. It's just a lot of information to retain in such a short period of time. On Thursday, I'll breathe a sigh of relief as SEP training will be over! (Providing that I pass the next two exams with a grade of at least 80%.)
I'm starting to lose track of the days of the week... it happens to everyone in this industry, from
what I've been told. On January 2, whatever day of the week that was, Ryan and I marked 7 months of dating. We usually set aside the 2nd of each month as a date night, so I was a bit sad to spend it alone on the very first month of the year. On the bright side, I was able to spend a fair amount of the day talking to him on the phone and online. Long distance relationships aren't easy, but they can work.
This morning I woke up feeling groggy as usual... you never really get used to 5 am wake up times. Ryan called and the phone signal was terrible, so I was even less motivated to get out of bed. I grabbed my laptop and sat up in bed talking to him on MSN instead.
"What are you doing on January ___?" He asked. Seriously, making plans a day early is
an accomplishment for me, so naturally I answered "I have no idea...". I thought nothing of it, Ryan is a little bit crazy sometimes. After a few minutes of hinting, I discovered that he was contemplating booking a flight to Dubai!! No way!!! I was overcome with a sudden rush of excitement. I miss him soooooo much. After a few minutes of contemplating dates, he announced that he had confirmed a flight from YYZ to DXB on January 14... AHHHHHHHHH! That's next week!! Lucky boy, is flying over on an Emirates A380. Maybe my opinion is biased, but I don't think he could have made a better choice in terms of airlines. Although I'll still be in training, I finish around 4 pm each day and we'll be able to spend every night, and 2 weekends together. How amazing is that? How amazing is HE?
Despite my high stress levels right now resulting from training, I'm still the happiest girl in the world. 9 more sleeps, and we'll be together again. If only we could kiss at the airport without being arrested... but I won't start getting greedy now.
Okay, I'm starting to feel guilty about blogging as opposed to studying, so it's off to spend some time with my books now. Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Tleppihs Nayr said...

<3

Sarah said...

Yay for you guys getting to see each other!!

Anonymous said...

nice-wallpapers
uaef a = mm 48

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!