halfway there... and most definitely living on a prayer.

Aug 10, 2012

This may be the very first year in the history of my existence in which I am eagerly awaiting September.  Okay, that's a lie. For a moment I forgot that I once lived in Dubai where temperatures exceeded 50 degrees in August, and drinking water in public was prohibited thanks to Ramadan.  Allow me to rephrase... this is the very first year in the history of my existence in which I am eager for September, despite the fact that I live in Canada. That, my friends, is what initial flight attendant training will do to you.  
We are over halfway to the finish line now, but that doesn't mean that we've learnt to cope with our stress. The prospect of failure looms over our heads with every exam... including our final practical exam, which takes place bright and early tomorrow morning. Obviously, blogging takes priority over studying at this current moment.  I'm the worst student ever. 
They say that the third time's a charm, but let me tell you... 3 airlines later, I'm still just as nervous as all of my first time flying classmates.  We'll all get through tomorrow and do just fine, but the pre-exam jitters are sticking around until we hear that we've been successful.  I can't wait for it to all be over. I can't wait to hit the sky and live stress-free until annual recurrent training rolls around. 
On a lighter note, I am currently on my first "layover". By that, I mean that the company flew myself and the other Edmontonians to Calgary for the weekend to use other airline's simulators... including my former airline. It was very strange going back to their campus as a guest with another airline.  Had you asked me a year ago, I would have never imagined that I'd be where I am right now. Despite this, I'm happy and looking forward to the future. Just a little bit more tedious class time, and I will be back up above the world so high.... right where I feel at home. 
Until then, training owns my life, and thus I am off to bed. Wish me (and all of my amazing classmates) good luck.  We will happily accept celebratory chocolate as a congratulatory gift once this is all said and done. If you are my husband, I'll be glad to receive a puppy as a graduation present. Just saying.


 

3 comments:

Clint said...

I'm flying to Hawaii in 3 weeks, heeeelpppp!

Nicole said...

I am sure you will pass everything with flying colours! :)
can't wait for you to be back in skies!

RetroJetGirl said...

All the best, I know you will ace it!!!

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!