Sep 19, 2011

Ladies and gentlemen, loyal blog readers and people who got bored of reading about my unemployed life... rejoice!! We now return to our regularly scheduled flight attendant blogging!
After 3 long months of being on the ground (Okay, I did go for one flight with Ryan, but I wasn't working. And it was no Boeing.), I've returned to the life of an aviation employee. I'm working for a Canadian airline that I've admired for many years. I first applied at the age of 18, but my lack of maturity and experience didn't get me far in the hiring process. 7 years later, and here I am!
This weekend I moved from Red Deer to Calgary, settling in for what will be a long 5 weeks of rather intense training.
This morning was day 1. Let me tell you, after 3 months (to the date!) of having no responsibility, it was not easy to drag myself out of bed at such an early hour of the day. I was flustered as I read through the many emails I'd received, trying to ensure that I wasn't forgetting anything important before I left the house. I felt like a kid on the first day of school... scared and nervous. Even more terrifying was the prospect of the morning commute ahead. After a 2 year lapse of driving a car, I'm still adjusting to being back on the road, and rush hour in the big city happens to be one of my biggest fears. I'm a small town girl. When it takes me more than 15 minutes to get home, I lose my patience. When it comes to bumper to bumper traffic, I panic. To make matters worse, it happened to be pouring rain, cold, and a very yucky morning in general. I set off on my way, white-knuckled and practically hyperventilating. And you know what?? I made it. Not only did I arrive relatively stress-free, but I was also an hour early. Feeling a bit silly, I opted to stop for coffee before heading into the campus so long before the rest arrived. In Tim Horton's, I spotted a girl who looked rather familiar. She noticed me too, and it didn't take long for it to dawn on us that we'd been through the group interview together, way back in June. It was her first day as well, and she was also far too early. We agreed to walk in together to feel a little less intimidated. As it turns out, the majority of our class had already arrived.
The rest of the day was a breeze. Everyone was friendly and I'd been nervous for absolutely no reason. We spent the day learning about our new company and getting excited about the many perks of the industry. The drive home was quick and easy, and I'm feeling great about the entire situation! It's so good to be back. My heart belongs to Boeing. Well, and Ryan of course.


SkyMommy said...

Exciting. And yeah it doesn't surprise me that most of the flight attendants were an hour or more early. It's just how we do, lol. Good luck with your training.

Nicole said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I hope you'll enjoy your training(again) :) with such experience I think you'll be one of the best in your group! And I can't wait for you first flight!

Anonymous said...

Tim Horton's, yes there is one in Dubai now. Just after you left….
Wish you good luck on your new job

Anonymous said...

And, by the way you need to change the introduction about you now

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you employed as a FA once again. You do however need to change your profile description, it still says "currently residing in Dubai... living my dream of being a cabin crew member for an international airline and essentially getting paid to travel the world"

Krysta said...

Okay, okay guys... I finally changed the description after many requests!! :) Haha... just tweaked it a bit.

Arslan said...

GoodLuck! :))

Post a Comment

Comments really make my day... so stop and say hi!!